Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lemon-Poppy Pound Cake

Occasionally, my dad comes home from work with a lemon poppyseed cake, a gift from someone he sees every once in a while. Even though I've never met this mysterious cake-giver, I've grown to love her! The cakes are lemony, sweet, full of poppy seeds, and glazed with frosting that melts into the tops. So good! When I got the Flour book, I knew I had to try to make the treat myself! 


My cake ended up unlike the cake-giver's, but still oh so delicious. Where her cake was moist and almost overly sweet, this cake was lighter and more lemony. It had a tight crumb and a beautifully golden top with sweet, but not too sweet, glaze. Perfect with a cup of tea for breakfast or a late night snack, this cake was a hit! However, I think I'll still get excited when my dad surprises me with the cake-giver's cake!

1 comment:

  1. I have made this so many times thanks to you guys and the mysterious cake-giver. Just think if I had never met you, I never would have gotten this recipe, and so much less lemon poppyseed cake would have been made and eaten in the world...

    ReplyDelete