Sunday, July 8, 2012

Strawberry and Blueberry Muffins

A few days ago, my mom reminded me that I still had strawberries, blueberries, and creme fraiche in the refrigerator, and she wanted me to use them all before they went bad. I flipped through Flour, and found a delicious sounding Raspberry and Rhubarb Muffin recipe. I decided to take a chance and replace the fruit in that recipe for strawberries and blueberries. I also used some Greek yogurt, since I didn't have enough creme fraiche. As I continue to bake, I'm learning how fun it can be to throw something special in, like a different fruit, some yogurt, or maybe an extra dash of vanilla. It hasn't always worked so far, but hey, maybe I'll discover some amazing new treat some day! Luckily, in this case, the muffins were scrumptious. They were fruity, not too sweet, and slightly different than your average muffin. I sprinkled a few with sugar before putting them in the oven, which added an extra surprise. Who knows - maybe my future (and currently imaginary) bakery will have a strawberry and blueberry muffin on the menu!


No comments:

Post a Comment