Sunday, July 8, 2012

Parmesan and Black Pepper Whole-Wheat Focaccia

When making dinner a few weeks ago, I decided to accompany my pasta with this focaccia recipe. In my head, I was imagining a fragrant and slightly chewy bread with crisped parmesan and spicy black pepper on top. Unfortunately, the bread didn't exactly turn out as planned. Since I was also preparing pasta, rice crispy treats, pineapple upside-down cake, and asparagus soup at the same time, I was a little distracted. I accidentally used too much olive oil, which probably changed the consistency. Also, I slightly over-baked the focaccia. One of the most important lessons I've learned so far this summer is that since ovens differ so much, like how ours generally is at least 25 degrees hotter, it is important to check early and often!


In the end, this bread was decent, though not anything too special. Dipped in olive oil, it was a fine accompaniment to the pasta and it ended up making pretty good croutons in a salad the next day. I'm definitely not giving up on focaccia though - there's another recipe in the book and I plan on trying it soon, and hopefully with better success!

No comments:

Post a Comment