Sunday, July 8, 2012

Brown Butter Crispy Rice Treats

What is better than a chewy, buttery, marshmallowy rice crispy treat? Not much, I'd say.

Earlier in the summer, I spent a wonderful and relaxing five days in Canada with seven of my friends. Since I'd be away from my kitchen, I decided to make some portable treats that I could bring for my friends. I thought about what would be most delicious and easy to bring, and I decided on these rice crispy treats and also two types of cookies. Check out the other pages on the blog to read about those!


These treats have always been popular. I remember loving when I'd find one in my lunch box as a grade schooler, and I still occasionally munch on those sugary squares in the blue plastic. But these homemade rice crispy treats are infinitely better. I began by adding vanilla bean seeds to melting butter and then browning the mixture. Then, I added in the marshmallows and afterward, the Rice Crispies. And the best part, no oven necessary! Once the treats had cooled, I wrapped them in tin foil and brought them up to Canada. I think each of my friends probably had at least five of them on the first day! If you're looking for a recipe that everyone will love and that you won't have to spend much time on, this is it.


No comments:

Post a Comment