Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake has a bad reputation. When people think of this fruity and sweet cake, I think they conjure images of slimy canned pineapple and dry cake that is served in a fifth grade cafeteria. This cake is definitely not that! It's sweet but not too sweet, flavorful, and a perfect not too dry  or too wet consistency. It's delicious.


I began this cake by cooking sugar and then caramelizing fresh pineapple in it. It took a long time, but by the time the pineapple was cooked, it had become a deep golden brown and full of sweet juicy scrumptiousness. I poured the pineapple and its juices into a pan and topped it with a simple butter cake. When I pulled the cake out of the oven and turned it upside down, the beautiful pineapple covered the top. My family and friends weren't too excited to try my newest creation, but after a few bites, I don't think anyone was complaining! Pineapple Upside-Down Cake definitely needs a new reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment