Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vegan Low-Fat Chocolate Cake

One of my best friends is a vegan, so when I saw this recipe for a vegan chocolate cake, I knew I had to make it for her! I was especially excited because the recipe is really easy and fast. In just a few minutes, I mixed together the supposedly healthier ingredients, including molasses, canola oil, and coffee powder. I unfortunately do not own a six-inch pan as the recipe suggested, so I instead used an eight-inch round pan and I planned on checking the cake much earlier. To my surprise, at 25 minutes, the cake seemed done. As I pulled it from the oven, my hand slipped, and I accidentally banged the edge of the pan on the oven rack. Immediately, I knew the cake would sink in the middle and I was mad! Sure enough, five minutes later, the center of the cake began to sink. I guess it's a good lesson to learn, especially since I've now learned it twice!


While the cake did have a big dent in the middle, a little confectioner's sugar slightly hid it, and my friend didn't seem to care too much. When we sat down to eat our "healthy" cake, it was moist, chocolatey, and did not taste low-fat at all. A perfect cake for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment