Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chocolate Meringue Clouds

I think the name of these cookies describes them perfectly. They even look like chocolatey clouds! Homemade meringues have a hard exterior and a chewy and slightly gooey center. They're light, airy, and most importantly, absolutely delicious! With each bite, the meringue crumbles and then melts in your mouth. Perfect. 


These cookies were surprisingly simple to make. All I had to do was beat the egg whites, add a few ingredients, and pop them into the oven. A few hours later, these scrumptious treats were ready! Unfortunately, I think I baked them for too short of a time, since the insides were a little more gooey than I had expected. Oh well, they were still gone within a few days!

1 comment:

  1. These are unlike any meringues I have ever had and I liked the extra-gooey centers. These are not a great option for diabetics!

    ReplyDelete