Sunday, July 8, 2012

Intense Chocolate Brownies

During my senior year of high school, I baked brownies almost every Sunday. I could assemble a Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate mix in about two minutes and have delicious chocolate scents floating through the house in an hour. Each Monday morning, I brought the brownies into school and sold them at the weekly community service club bake sale. They were a hit. If I forgot to bring them in one week, I would surely be reminded by a few angry students. So, when I got my Flour cookbook, I knew I had to try the brownie recipe. Could it be better than Ghirardelli?

Melting the chocolate in a double boiler
This recipe was a fun one. I first had to chop lots of chocolate and melt it in a double boiler. Unfortunately, the only bittersweet chocolate in the pantry had almonds in it.  After lots of mixing and combining, I poured the delicious chocolatey batter into a glass pan and baked it for about 30 minutes. As usual, the mouth-watering scent of chocolate filled the kitchen just as it did with Ghirardelli brownies. I popped them out of the oven, and told my family to at least wait until they cooled to try them.

After much consideration and many opinions, I've decided that while these brownies are delicious, Ghirardelli takes the cake. Ghirardelli mixes are just so easy, so chocolatey, and so dependably the right consistency. I'm not saying that I wouldn't suggest this recipe, since the brownies were oozy and rich, but in my book, Ghirardelli is the way to go.

Unfortunately, due to a computer crash, I don't have any final pictures of the brownies. Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment