Thursday, June 7, 2012

My first cake: Lemon Raspberry Buttercream

Well, it took me two days and over seven sticks of butter, but I made my first cake and it was delicious! This scrumptious cake was a tower of light lemon sponginess, sweet and slightly sour lemon curd, and a frosting that a friend's grandmother referred to as "richer than Rockefeller." Needless to say, this cake was a hit!

Each decadent layer was drenched in sweetened lemon juice, frosted with
 buttercream, covered in lemon curd, and topped with fresh raspberries.

All three layers! Also, you can see the "flood" that I learned about from this recipe -
 it outlines each layer and ensures that no lemon curd or raspberries escape.
The finished cake. Not my best frosting job, but hey, it's my first one!


No comments:

Post a Comment