Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ginger Molasses Cookies

My dad has always been particular about his cookies. When I make a batch, he politely tries one, so I only know if they've passed inspection if the whole batch is gone within a few days. These ginger molasses cookies definitely passed the test! What's better than spiced chewy cookies with a tall mug of hot lemon ginger tea after dinner? Probably nothing, at least according to my dad.

This Flour recipe really focused on flavor and texture. With gooey molasses, fragrant cinnamon, and spicy cloves and ginger, these cookies were unbeatable! Once I made the dough and refrigerated it for two hours, I molded it into small balls and coated the balls with sugar. I baked them for 18 minutes, and voila, the final cookies! Perfectly cracked and ready for tea.

2 comments:

  1. those look like Grandma Dorothy's cookies! I can taste them in my mind.

    ReplyDelete