Monday, December 24, 2012

Deep, Dark, Spicy Gingerbread

Over the summer, it never really felt right to make holiday treats. So, as winter break neared and my first college finals loomed, I dreamed of Christmas cakes and cookies. A few weeks later when I finally got to Boston, I decided to make this gingerbread cake as the beginning of winter and being home.


Since I didn't really need a full 9x13 gingerbread cake, I decided to halve the recipe. Also, I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so I left off the coffee glaze. The result was delicious! I cut a little piece of cake, scooped some vanilla ice cream on the side, and curled up by the fire to eat my Christmasy treat. It was everything you could want in gingerbread- spicy, sweet but not too sweet, and fragrant of the holidays. A perfect start to my break!


No comments:

Post a Comment