Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Marvelous Multigrain Sourdough Bread


Since I'm home from college and I have pretty much nothing constructive to do, I decided that a good way to fill my time would be to make homemade bread. This sourdough began with a starter that I made the day before. The dough included buckwheat flour, which happens to be gluten free, regular flour, and whole wheat flour and a variety of seeds: sunflower, sesame, and flax. Even though I haven't made that much bread, I've learned that the real challenge isn't in mixing the ingredients or following the recipe, rather it is in being patient. Waiting for the bread to proof when all I wanted to do was throw it in the oven and have a slice was difficult! In the end though, waiting was worth it. I baked the bread and we had it with dinner and it was delicious, chewy and crunch and full of grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment